In the wide world of business intelligence tools, there are countless players all bringing a unique offering built for today’s most critical business needs and challenges. This article will explore the differences between ConverSight and Microsoft Power BI, what sets them apart from each other and other solutions in the AI and analytics space, and what business users should consider when exploring and adopting new technologies to join their tech stack.
AI gives more power to users, using data to create automated and actionable insights that lead to smarter and easier business decisions. Whether that be on your laptop or in the palm of your hand, AI can answer any question and provide insight instantly. AI uses your historical, present, and future business data to present actionable insights, recommendations, and visualizations to drive quicker and smart business decisions.
Let’s take a look at Microsoft Power BI and ConverSight and compare these two business intelligence tools side by side. Their functions differ greatly, and if you read into the tools, you will notice AI’s unique capabilities.
ConverSight vs. Power BI Differentiators
ConverSight and Microsoft Power BI are two popular data visualization and business intelligence tools that help organizations make data-driven decisions. Here are some key differences between Microsoft Power BI and ConverSight:
- User interface: Power BI is known for its user-friendly interface and intuitive drag-and-drop functionality, making it easy for even non-technical users to create visualizations and reports. ConverSight is customized to the user and their role, level and department, offering personalized interactions with its AI assistant Athena. With Athena, users can hold one-to-one interactions with their data by asking simple (and complex) questions. Athena goes a step further to suggest additional insights to explore related insights, recommend next steps and automate time-consuming actions.
- Data visualization: Power BI offers a wide range of visualization options, from bar charts to pie charts and more. In addition to these same visualization options, ConverSight provides highly interactive and customizable visualizations, with features like in-depth data exploration and real-time data updates.
- Data integration: Power BI integrates with a wide range of data sources, including Excel spreadsheets, cloud services, and on-premise databases. In addition to these same types of integrations, ConverSight is cloud neutral, currently supports over 120 integrations and is able to support any cloud database via API integration.
- Collaboration: Power BI provides features like shared dashboards, workspaces, and real-time collaboration to help teams work together effectively. ConverSight.ai has social collaboration options such as “liking” and “commenting” on reports and dashboards as well as providing easy data sharing options.
Microsoft Power BI
Initially released in 2011 by Microsoft, Power BI quickly established itself as an enterprise legacy tool used by data analysts around the world. Power BI is a robust data analytics tool that has the ability to take data and produce analytics, driving business insights. Power BI enables businesses to:
- Make smarter decisions through personalized reports
- Compiles reports through Microsoft integrations
- Provides business with the opportunity to make decisions with the compiled data
- Discovers insights with business data
While this legacy tool has widespread adoption and deep operational and reporting roots in many enterprises, users often find it is complex to use and sift through information, static in reporting and lacking a personalized interaction that limits adoptions and in many cases is reserved for the use of data analysts.
Recognizing the challenges many businesses were facing with data ingestion, analytics and decision making, ConverSight was built to humanize the interaction users have with data through the power of augmented analytics, data storytelling and generative AI. With the help of its AI assistant, Athena, ConverSight users gain access to endless insights in a manageable, digestible interface that prioritizes that user. Athena
Generative AI and augmented analytics: ConverSight connects disparate data sets to centralize information, analyze data and recognize patterns and algorithms. With this, informed and accurate decisions can be made efficiently. With this same data, Athena has the ability to create data stories, producing meaningful narratives that evolve as the business evolves.
End-to-end visibility: With control towers AI platforms create a 360-degree view of data, allowing businesses to view their data from every angle. Control towers lead businesses toward transparency and better coordination, which allows businesses to stay on top of demand which leads to lower costs and higher efficiency.
AI Workbench: Build and scale your own unique models across an open source platform. Utilize Jupyter notebook and AI/ML frameworks to build models that work for your company specifically. Publish your framework in the marketplace to increase reusability across your entire organization.
Request a demo today to incorporate AI into your business.