ConverSight vs. ThoughtSpot
As data analytics and business intelligence softwares rush to the generative AI gold mine, many consumers are left wondering how these large language model (LLM) powered solutions actually perform against their skyrocketing costs. This article will explore the differences between ConverSight and ThoughtSpot, their generative AI and BI capabilities, as well as their value vs. cost.
Natural language processing is the most intimate way that users can parse and access insights from their data. Both ConverSight and ThoughtSpot allow their users to ask questions and get responses from AI, enhancing the BI process for users of all levels.
Additional GPT and generative AI integrations give users the ability to parse their data in a more meaningful way, and let AI give them a data story and paint a picture of their data. If a business isn’t currently leveraging a tool that leverages these advanced technologies, they will get left behind. Let’s take a look at ConverSight’s and ThoughtSpot’s capabilities:
- GPT Features: ThoughtSpot’s AI offerings include ThoughtSpot Sage, a generative AI engine for parsing your data with generative AI. With generative AI and natural language processes at its core, ConverSight provides delivers the depth of a robust business intelligence solution with specialized data storytelling and intelligent story generation to provide the full picture on user data; advanced querying abilities, and timelines to assess data over time. This opens the data accessibility floodgates to users of all roles and departments.
- Time to value: ThoughtSpot users often cite a big time gap between connecting their data and receiving ROI from the investment in the platform; ConverSight users will start to see ROI within weeks of implementation.
- User interface: ThoughtSpot’s interface is known as perhaps the most enhanced among data analytics platforms, but ConverSight’s updated CS23 platform takes your data a step further. ConverSight is customized to the user and their role, level and department, offering personalized interactions with its AI assistant Athena. With Athena, users hold one-to-one interactions with their data by asking simple (and complex) questions. Athena goes a step further to suggest additional insights to explore related insights, recommend next steps and automate time-consuming actions.
- Data visualization: ThoughtSpot’s platform possesses enhanced data visualization capabilities, yet Liveboards lack capability to let you view your data in multiple formats. ConverSight provides highly interactive and customizable visualizations, with features like in-depth data exploration and real-time data updates with the ability to drill down into the data and produce a wide range of visualizations, including charts and executive summaries with ConverSight GPT.
- Data modeling: Before data can be parsed in ThoughtSpot, it often requires data modeling by data scientists to accurately produce the desired insights. ConverSight does not require data scientists to produce any models, and can accurately parse data from pre-built AI models.
Founded in 2012, ThoughtSpot is a business intelligence platform that allows users to parse their data with natural language questions. ThoughtSpot enables businesses to:
- Integrate multiple, disparate data sources into one platform
- Parse their data with AI and NLP.
- Automated ML to bring advanced learning to new data sets and trends
- Advanced Security and data privacy to protect user data
ThoughtSpot is consistently known as one of the most robust business intelligence tools, but often lacks the features that come with the hefty price tag. Users consistently cite intense data modeling and lack of visualization features as main setbacks.
Recognizing the challenges many businesses were facing with data ingestion, analytics and decision making, ConverSight was built to humanize the interaction users have with data through the power of augmented analytics, data storytelling and generative AI. With the help of its AI assistant, Athena, ConverSight users gain access to endless insights in a manageable, digestible interface that prioritizes the user.
ConverSight GPT: Athena has the ability to create data stories, producing timelines and narratives that provide the full picture on the story the data is telling. Natural language querying provides the most in-depth way for business users to access and get insights into their data, all in a simple 1:1 interaction with AI.
- Get timelines and explanations around your queries, as AI makes sense of your data and provides a data story. Uncover valuable insights with AI that you would not detect otherwise.
- Gain advanced querying abilities, and drill down into your data like never before with ConverSight’s unique LLM modeling.
- Automate your performance tracking and monitoring with AI.
- Enhanced data security means your proprietary information is safe within the platform.
Easy Data Connection: ConverSight has over 130 integrations, making it easier than ever for businesses to connect their disparate data systems and get insights.
End-to-end visibility: With control towers, AI platforms create a 360-degree view of data, allowing businesses to view their data from every angle. Control towers lead businesses toward transparency and better coordination, which allows businesses to stay on top of demand which leads to lower costs and higher efficiency.
AI Workbench: Build and scale your own unique models across an open source platform. Utilize Jupyter notebook and AI/ML frameworks to build models that work for your company specifically. Publish your framework in the marketplace to increase reusability across your entire organization.
ThoughtSpot’s feature set allows users to engage with their data with one of the most robust platforms in business intelligence; ConverSight puts the user first to dill down into the metrics that matter most at half the cost. Engage AI in a 1:1 to ask questions about your data, and get the full picture around the answer, the how, why and what to do next. With ConverSight, businesses are able to democratize data across the organization, while maintaining data security on a user and row level for data-driven decision making.
Request a demo today to see the real difference between ThoughtSpot and ConverSight.